Friday, February 12, 2010

evil sock yarn....evil socks

I am about at the 'rip my hair out' point. I just want to make ONE pair of freakin socks! I bought 2 skeins of Deborah Norville sock yarn to make a PAIR of sock just for me. I had did one sock with some yarn I had got in Ohio but did not have enought o make two, AND it was tooo long for my foot. So yesterday I start my toe-up, short row heel sock using Deborah Norville yarn..toe...knit...knit...knit...knit...heel..knit..knit...try on
It huuuuge! Right length this time but is liek 5 times to big around, very loose knitting. I know i knit loosly, but not THIS loose. WTF!! I continues to knit to make a swatch. I had begun the sock with size 3 and i swatch all the way down to 0. Still no big difference in looseness. I think this yarn is loose itself. The other sock from the yarn in ohio was perfectly knit, just wrong size
Sigh* So i have brought out my hank of Cascades Heritage sock yarn I got in Austin.

Dear Yarn/knitting Gods,
Please please please please let me get a decent gauge, Please let it not be to loose, and work for a sock. Please shine you love upon this adventure to make a pair of socks. I have been so good, and have had patience and perseverance, but its startign to wear thin. O please let this pair work!

2 comments:

knittycowgirl said...

why dont you just try top down method, I think it is just easier....also with measuring...everything..once you have you first pair do them from the other way...I have charts and can help you with your size if you want....

Em said...

I have done two socks top down ( one sock in ohio, then another a few months ago) I do not care for top down, nor the heel flap. I think i will be able to do this sock with my cascade ( almost done with the toe)
My super sock knitting friend Anja said she does not like the deborah norville yarn, that it is slippy. I so agree.